Turbolinux 7 documentation covers information on how to install the operating system in a virtual machine. For additional information about the operating system, refer to the instructions included in the installation media.
Turbolinux 7 documentation includes the following topics:
- Installation Instructions
- VMware Tools in a Turbolinux 7 Guest
- Knowledge Base Articles for Turbolinux 7
- VMware Compatibility Guide
The easiest method of installing Turbolinux 7 in a virtual machine is to use the standard Turbolinux 7 distribution CD.
PrerequisitesBefore you begin, verify that the following tasks are complete:
- Read General Installation Instructions for All VMware Products
- With many Linux guest operating systems, problems were observed when the BusLogic virtual SCSI adapter was used with VMware virtual machines. VMware recommends that you use the LSI Logic virtual SCSI adapter with this guest operating system.
- During the Turbolinux 7 installation, a standard VGA16 X server (that does not support the VMware display adapter) is installed. To get an accelerated SVGA X server running inside the virtual machine, install the VMware Tools package immediately after installing Turbolinux 7, before you start the X server.
- Insert the Turbolinux 7 CD No. 1 in the CD-ROM drive.
- Power on the virtual machine.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- In the Configure Monitor screen, follow the defaults to configure
an X server.
This procedure is necessary even though you will install a different X server with VMware Tools after you finish installing the guest operating system.
Turbolinux 7 boots and a login screen appears.
- Install VMware Tools.
VMware Tools in a Turbolinux 7 Guest
Do not start the X server in the guest operating system until you install VMware Tools.
Knowledge Base Articles for Turbolinux 7The following link refers to knowledge base articles on operating system specific issues.
See VMware knowledge base for a list of known issues about the operating system.